We all understand the power of a visual reminder; the reference points that support change on the road to transformation.
What resources do you use as a reminder when you are determined to reach a goal on a specific date and time?
Many people use visualization techniques that are powerful tools to encourage success.
Change, is tricky business and even when we’ve made a commitment to do something different, we need to reinforce the outcome with daily motivators.
There is scientific evidence to support that it takes several weeks to change a habit and depending on your goal it may take a number of months to reach your destination.
Here is a suggestion that is fast, easy and inspirational…
Find a number of quotes to read every morning. As you begin each day they will create positive energy to keep you moving forward.
Write 30, one per day on a pad of sticky notes and place them on your bedside table. When you wake up each morning remove the note and stick it on a mirror – a place that you walk by throughout the day so you may read the quote as a reminder of your goal.
Here are a few suggestions to get you started:
1. Strive for progress, not perfection. – Unknown
2. You miss 100% of the shots you don’t take. – Wayne Gretzky
3. If you don’t make mistakes, you aren’t really trying. – Unknown
4. Strength does not come from physical capacity.
It comes from an indomitable will. – Mahatma Gandhi
5. I’d rather be a failure at something I enjoy than a success at
something I hate. – George Burns
6. Energy and persistence conquer all things. – Benjamin Franklin
7. Ability is what you’re capable of doing. Motivation determines
what you do. Attitude determines how well you do it. – Lou Holtz
8. Motivation is what gets you started.
Habit is what keeps you going. – Jim Ryan
9. Fear is what stops you…
Courage is what keeps you going. -Unknown
10. The secret of getting ahead is getting started. – Mark Twain
11. Luck is a matter of preparation meeting opportunity. – Oprah
12. Just do it.™ – Nike
The quotes that you choose may be from people you admire or they may be directly related to your topic and final destination, either way, you will start the day by creating positive momentum.
As your feet hit the ground, first thing in the morning, at the very least, reading an empowering quote is a feel good experience.
What do you use as a reminder of your commitment to change and transformation?
Sticky notes…a powerful tool to encourage success.