This weekend, I attended my first global on-line conference as a member of the Certified Coaches Federation. The topic for 2017: Overcoming Adversity. There were 16 speakers and 4 workshops with facilitators from around the world.
I’m sure, like you, we have all attended many conferences and workshops over the years to learn new skills and network with other like-minded individuals. This event was completely different, with technology, we were able to listen to each presenter and view their presentations on-line or use an audio connection with our phones. How did we network? Social media. We were encouraged to provide comments and ask questions using the chat feature and connect with each other on Facebook, LinkedIN and Twitter. As a participant, the convenience of being in your own home or office created a very comfortable atmosphere that was cost effective and convenient.
As each presenter shared their story and thought leadership, I began to make a list of tools or phrases summarizing each day using a format that I call, The Power of 10. Here are my notes:
- Coaching builds bridges to success
- Own and share your story
- Think and plan your success
- You have the power to change
- Wealth and Well-being are interconnected
- Gratitude is a powerful personal tool
- Celebrate your failures, they create opportunities
- Action is the key to our success
- Gift yourself a new beginning
- Sharing our stories encourages collaboration, inspiration and mentorship.
- Dream what is possible
- Convey your passion
- Human connections will change the world
- Journaling is a powerful tool for change
- Keeping it real will establish a new connection
- Visualization supports your self-confidence and creates a podium for success
- Sharing your story, creates a human connection
- Be present, in your own life
- Listen, really listen to the world around us
- You are richer than you think!
There was a lot to be learned from this weekend on-line. As this years topic was overcoming adversity, this platform was an innovative approach and an effective tool to attract a global audience. As we have all become part of the global economy, perhaps teleconferencing will be the way of the future. As a participant, I for one truly enjoyed the flexibility of being able to “tune-in” at my leisure using a format that was both individual and unique.
This event was content rich, hosting many accomplished speakers whom I’m sure also enjoyed the flexible format. A win-win for both presenters who shared their stories and participants who learned a thing or two from each experience, creating their own lists with action items.
I’d like to extend both congratulations and thanks to everyone who shared their stories and to the organizing team at CCF for creating this years innovative platform. Perhaps we will meet at next years event? It was a pleasure to connect with like-minded individuals and I look forward to the continued dialogue through social media as we all journey to overcome adversity.
Thank you once again for sharing your stories.