Summer vacation is usually when we enjoy the outdoors with friends and family, barbecuing, reading and lounging poolside.
This year we are all taking advantage of “summer in September.” If you take a Sunday drive you will see many folks biking, walking and “catching some rays.”
Giving ourselves permission to enjoy the last few days of summer!
Everyone you talk to feels that this year the season was especially short – the weather was damp, rainy and some even postponed their family vacation.
One thing I have heard over and over are the conscious lifestyle changes people are making to disconnect from the stress of day to day life. The summer is a great reminder that we need to control the pace of life. Creating an opportunity for an extended time out as we enjoy the last dog days of summer…
1) Disconnect on the weekend….no email or social media
2) Create a reading list and curl up with a good book
3) Plan a few hikes before the snow flies
4) Enjoy the fall harvest – attending fairs and carving pumpkins
5) Download a new playlist with all of your favourite songs
6) Buy tickets for local theatre or music festivals
7) New membership to your local pool, art class or yoga studio
8) Take Friday afternoons off – use up your vacation time
9) Declutter your personal space
10) Be adventurous – plan one outing per month and explore local
Enjoy the rest of September and get ready for an abundant fall.